Announcing the 2024 Baroque on Beaver Young Soloist Competition
The Beaver Island Performing Arts Alliance, producer of the Baroque on Beaver Festival, announces the 2024 Baroque on Beaver Young Soloist Competition. The Competition is open to all high-school age instrumental soloists who reside and attend school in Michigan. As a result of a generous commitment by sponsors Bev and Larry Seiford, three cash prizes will be awarded with the First-Place winner invited to perform with the Baroque on Beaver Festival Orchestra at the summer 2024 Festival.
First Place Seiford Prize
- $750 to be used toward furthering the winner’s musical education.
- Solo performance with the Baroque on Beaver Festival Orchestra in August 2024 at the Summer Music Festival on Beaver Island. Ferry transport to the island from Charlevoix and three nights accommodation for the soloist and a chaperone will also be provided.
Two Honorable Mention Seiford Prizes
- Awards of $250 for each of two soloists to be used towards furthering the winners’ musical education.
Rules for Submission
The Competition is open to all students currently enrolled in grades 9-12 in Michigan. Eligible students should submit a high-quality audio recording or private video link of their selected piece with accompaniment (piano accompaniment is acceptable). Repertoire should be drawn from the Baroque, Classical or early Romantic canon. Selections should be approximately ten minutes. Single movements are acceptable. In the case of a suite or Baroque concerto, more than one movement may be played if the total performance time falls within the basic time frame. Recordings and videos must be unedited and in a single take. Questions about repertoire and all else may be directed to email@example.com.
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION APRIL 30.
- Submit your application, upload your video, and upload your PDF teacher recommendations via Google Forms using the Application Form Button below
- Submit an application fee of $26.50 via PayPal button below. Please include your name and instrument.